Friday, October 16, 2009

Views

Views views views, but never any peace. The squabbling goes on, without a tea break. Nobody is immune, if there's one thing I am beginning to learn - It's best to 'not get involved.'

I've been taking a break from posting on Dhammawheel, keeping a keen eye all the while on what's been going on. I'm starting to see where the majority of my posts have come from. It's not a genuine desire to help, it's out of anger and frustration at what I perceive as wrong view.

What I have come to realise is that for so many years I haven't communicated with others for the purpose of learning, but to see if I can get my views validated. More often than not, it results in - you guessed it - Dukkha, because I pinned my ego to my views, and when my views were not validated - but indeed rejected by others, there was only one possible outcome.

When I look around I see this process everywhere:
1. Declaration of views
2. Rejection/Approval of views

How much of our conversation is simply a process of declaring ones views so that we might gain validation, and waiting to see if other's views concord with our own? Led forth by craving, we get nothing of what we bargained for.

Here's a Sutta called 'Dutthatthaka Sutta: Corrupted (Snp 4.3)' which sums it all up nicely.

Metta to you
Jack

1 comments:

manapa said...

I have learn this lesson several times and keep jumping back! it is, or can be hard to resist not getting involved.